Thursday 20 January 2011

Rainbow Lady's Challenge 136 Highland Fling

Here's my DT card for Cynthia's challenge this week. Spent quite a long time researching for this one, shortbread, fudge, drambuie LOL
The background is the Burns Tartan (so I am assured) so that was my starting point. I typed the poem out and then inked around the edges with tumbled glass and stormy sky distress inks. The image of the man himself, I downloaded from the internet, and again inked the edges with the same distress inks. I have a thing about photo corners at the moment so thats how I attached the image to the card. I added the bright green ribbon and gems to pull all the colours together.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Oh no it's that time of year again! Have you heard the legend of Tam O'Shanter (all 97 verses of it?). Lovely card, well researched and beautifully presented.

Janet xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is stunning, I love how you have the picture of Robbie Burns on it too. Super card. Love Hazelxoxo

Jen said...

The tartan and ribbon do go well together, a good idea too. Great card.
hugs Jen x

Faye said...

Perfect to use ole Bobby Burns. I had an ancestor who used to give BB teas, where the invited guests would read BB poetry. She hand painted the invitations (and I inherited a few of them).

Beryl said...

Wouldn't have minded joining you in the research for this one. Great card and perfect for the challenge.
Beryl xx