Friday 20 May 2016

Framed in Blue - for Indigoblu



Happy Friday everyone and welcome to my shared post from IndigoBlu




I started by adding Fine Modelling Paste through both the Roses Stencil and also the Diamond Stencil once dry I painted over the whole canvas with White GeeSsoGood before I spritzed over the top with diluted Kingfisher Blue Metallic Paint




Then using leftover scraps of paper's which had already had a coat of GeeSsoGood and a little colour added, I built up strips, square and oblongs in a random pattern.




Once I was happy with the position of the papers and they had been adhered to the canvas, I started to add more colour, by painting along the edges of the papers, spritzing and splattering with Kingfisher Blue Metallic Paint Raven Black Metallic Paint and also White GeeSsoGood At this stage it looks really messy.




I cut out the Lady from the front cover of the Lost Family Mixed Media Card Stack as she was just the right size to fit inside my little resin frame, which had been spritzed at the same time I spritzed the canvas.

I mounted it onto the canvas and added black sequins, glass glitter, 3d pearls, flowers, lace and a wooden word painted with Raven Black Metallic Paint

They sit perfectly against all the messy paint splatters.





Happy Crafting and I hope to see some of you at the IndigoBlu Open Day on Monday 30th May at HQ.

Elizabeth x

3 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Elizabeth this is gorgeous, love the design and beautiful texture. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Elizabeth x

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Do you know what, you have inspired me to get my pastes back out... It has been too long. Jx