Tuesday 25 September 2018

Autumn with Eileen Hull's Design Team


It's that time of year when everyone seems to be suffering with coughs and colds. I thought it would be great to have something pretty to keep my tissue packets hidden in, rather than them just sitting on the counter top. Eileen sent me a Wrapped Journal earlier this year that was die cut from felt, which was just perfect for the base of my tissue packet holder. I'd seen a pouch that Eileen had made to keep business cards in for CHA in January, so that inspired me.


 I can fit two packets of handy size tissues neatly inside.


 I think I need lots more practice with my blanket stitch, it's be a long time since I did any sewing.


 I also love to wet felt, and the flower were made from wool tops in cream and a gorgeous apricot colour. I made four circular pieces, all graduating in size and added a few angelina fibres in bronze, before felting them by hand. I needle felted the layers together, and added some brown wool top to the centre of the flower, before needle felting the flower onto the front of the journal. Once it was secure I then stitched around the edge to create seams, and a little decoration.


Happy Crafting
Elizabeth x

Eileen Hull Designs
Eileen Hull Etsy Shop



1 comment:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

I adore this tissue holder!! And that flower is a beautiful element.