Tuesday 14 January 2020

Eileen Hull New Release Scalloped Box














Oooooo do I love this new die designed by Eileen Hull it has so many possibilities of use.

I thought I'd make a gift box to contain chocolates, it would make a lovely Easter gift, and if you decant a box of chocolates, thee are bound to be a few leftovers............just saying......win, win.

I cut the box from Sizzix Mountboard, glues it together and added texture paste through a stencil.  Once dry I added some wooden birds and resin flowers from my stash. I filled in the gaps and added extra texture with Artsy Stones.

After making sure everything was completely dry, I gave he entire project a couple of coats of white gesso, drying in-between. before adding the beautiful Cadence Hybrid Acrylic paints randomly in Faded Pink and Plum. Yes this year I'm pushing myself to try new colours :)

Once the pink shades were completely dry, I knocked them back a little by dry brushing white gesso over them.

Again making sure everything was totally dry I added highlights using the stunning Antique Silver Gilding paint, dried the project completely and then added a few more highlights, this time in the beautiful Antique Gold Gilding paint. Boy this paint has an amazing sheen!

I finished off by adding a wash of the Antique Gold Gilding paint to the inside.

And now it's ready for a layer of tissue paper and a handful of favourite chocolates to gift. And when the chocolates are eaten, the recipient has a beautiful trinket box to keep.

Happy Crafting.
Elizabeth x

Eileen Hull

Eileen Hull Facebook Fan Club

Eileen's Etsy Shop


3 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful Elizabeth!!! I love the way the light bounces off those gorgeous shimmering painted surfaces and love the way you've built up the layers beneath. What a wonderful gift that would be x

Beryl said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. Love all the texture and the colours you have chosen.x

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the color choices!