Wednesday 2 May 2012

Dragons Dream TIO #115 Behind the Mask

This time over at Dragons Dream TIO challenge it's my turn to start the dream. I love using masks and stencils on my projects at the moment, so I just couldn't help myself! Hiding behind my mask is a background created from Silkies, blended together then over stamped with a Script stamp from Tim Holtz. I've then used a butterfly mask from Imagination Crafts, and using a piece of cut and dry added Eco Green acrylic paint over the top. The contrast  between the shine of the mica in the silkies and the matte paint is stunning (well I think so lol). The chipboard letters have also had a coat of silkies before they were added, then to finish off a little tumbled glass distress stickles around the edge. Got my sparkly head on again!! Hope you come and share your dreams with us just click on the logo on my sidebar for a direct link, and don't forget the main ingredients for your tag, masking, paint, script and as always at least one real stamp. Elizabeth xxx

9 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Fabulous set of ingredients leading to a terrific tag! Love the butterflies. I really enjoyed playing along with this one - thank you!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic tag, great masking, love the shimmering effect.

Faye said...

Elizabeth, this was an enormous challenge for me but I can see that it is something you are well acquainted with. Your example for us is so beautiful.

Helen said...

Thank you for chosing this theme! I love your tag- the colours are so beautiful.

May said...

Fabulous tag, adore the background the colours are perfect... brillant recipe you put together Elizabeth..Hugs May x x x

Beryl said...

It's beautiful Elizabeth - all those inky layers are fabulous. I keep forgetting my silkies - tucked away in a little tin as they are.
Beryl xx

Sue said...

What a fab tag Elizabeth, I love those butterflies. I don't have any silkies, but they look beautiful. I do love Eco Green though, one of my favourite paints x

Dragon said...

It was fun, wasn't it... thanks for some fab ingredients... What a lovely tag you dreamed, so thanks for keeping on TIOing
Frankie
xx

Monique's art said...

fantastic tag love the shimmer