Friday 8 March 2013

Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge

Having a break from paperwork and adding a little more in to my journal, well one of my journals, I now have three on the go lol.
I decided this book I would keep for mermaids and and all things seaside, as I'm lucky enough to live a ten minute walk from the beach.
I've always been facinated by the sea and the thought of another world at the bottom of it, and of course mermaids, beautiful mystical creatures with jewel like scales and flowing hair, making full use of the seabed as their playgound..
This is still a work in progress, but I didn't want to miss out on entering it in to the Apha/Dictionary Challenge over at the Craft Barn.
Back to the books now, yawn. Elizabeth xxx


9 comments:

Redanne said...

She really is a lovely mermaid, love the soft muted colours you have used to create her and the bottom of the sea. Hugs, Anne x

Scrapmate said...

A beautiful drawing.

Beryl said...

It's a lovely mermaid image - I take it it's one of your own. Love the soft colouring and the ethereal feel to it.
Beryl xx

lena-dailyscrap said...

I had this word in my mind aswell - you sure made a great job and your page looks beautiful!

Hettie said...

This is lovely Elizabeth. Like the surprised look of the jellyfish!
xx

Maggie said...

Gorgeous mermaid like your thoughts behind it

MaggieH

Sylvia said...

Fabulous mermaid, love the muted shades, fabulous page.

Sylv xx

JansArtyJunk said...

Gorgeous mermaid...loving her beautiful colouring.

Anonymous said...

fantatic mermaid, and lucky you to live so close from the sea. I used to and miss it.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn.
Izzy