Friday 10 October 2014

Sunday Stampers #328 Autumn Leaves

o
I love Hel's theme this week over at The Sunday Stamper's "Autumn Leaves" there a hundreds of them in my garden, the price you pay for living alongside woods!Not that I'm complaining, the colour changes are fabulous, rusts, reds and golds, beautiful.
I decided to give my mirror a little makeover, well it was hugely expensive, from the big blue shop, have to get my monies worth lol. And thought I'd incorporate Hel's theme, with leaves and of course flowers.
This sheet of butterflies is one of the gorgeous Rustic Harmony papers, that I just couldn't  bring myself to chop up, so having such a big area to cover was far less painful, as there are lot's still showing :) and I have some left!!!!
All the flowers are Rustic Harmony papers cut out with the Mini Tattered Florals die along with leaves and twigs cut out with the Autumn Gathering die, love both of those. The edges are inked in Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, to hive then a little more vintage feel, and pearls added to the centres of the flowers.
The stamps that match the paper collection are gorgeous and stamp out perfectly every time. Took a chance and added the "Laughter and Love" after I'd glued down the paper lol, would have cried if it all went wrong!
The butterflies and the "Live, Laugh, Love" sentiment were stamped onto cream cardstock and aged with Brushed Corduroy ink to blend in.
So there you have it, my new mirror frame, and I even managed to keep myself out of shot lol.
Happy Crafting Elizabeth xx

I'm also going to enter this into the Craft My Life Challenge Oct/Nov
And also into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge 

14 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this looks fabulous! I love the paper and the leaves look fabulous too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looks fab and beautiful decorated Elizabeth

Gr Karin

Wanda said...

Gorgeous. Just love it. Fabulous papers, etc. all so very you!

Cheremane said...

Now that's beautiful and I know just the spot where it would go lol.......:) super work Elizabeth xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow your altered mirror is just stunning. I love the colours and the little flowers and the leaves and the Butterfly.

Teighan

Jan said...

This is just gorgeous xx Jan

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Elizabeth! Love all the blossoms and butterflies! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Laine said...

Wonderful colour and detail Elizabeth. A stunning project.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth! Your makeover was totally worth it, your mirror is gorgeous! xx

Brawny x said...

Wow fabulous x

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS... LOVE that Rustic Harmony, I neeeeds some of those papers... played with them last week at a demo day! beautiful alteration, love those floral embellies you made... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Mrs A. said...

I am so in love with your picture frame. Good thing I don't know where you live otherwise you might find yourself staring at a blank wall! Lol. Fab colours. Thankyou for sharing with us at Craft My Life. Hugs Mrs A. (D.T.)

Rocky said...

I'm sure the big blue shop would be amazed at what you did with the frame, it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft My Life.