Wednesday 3 August 2016

Frilly and Funkie By the Sea


As you know I love anything Seaside related, so when I saw this challenge over at Frilly and Funkie I just couldn't resist joining in.


I started the canvas back in June but was never quite happy with it, even though it's full of lot's of lovely papers and embellishments, it just wasn't right.


I'd bought a magazine from Practical Publishing that came with papers, dies, stamps etc so my initial plan was to use these to make a card using the bathing belle, which I did. Then came the lightbulb moment!!!!!!!


How fab would that be as the focal point on my "never quite finished" canvas........job done another UFO completed, and a new canvas destined for my seaside themed sun room.

5 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Elizabeth, love the gorgeous layout and texture.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous ! I spy some of the craft box goodies on it lol xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Elizabeth, this is just so pretty! You really know how to pull off a beautiful layered work of mixed media! Fabulous! I know F&F will be thrilled to see this one. Hugs, Autumn

Jenny Marples said...

I love it! but then I'm a huge fan of all your work Elizabeth. This is such a beautifully designed canvas with lots of clever layers drawing the eye in to the bathing beauty and that funny sign. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie x

Nancy Dynes said...

The colors and texture you've created in this lovely project are fabulous! The layering and dimension take right over the top to perfection! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy