Wednesday 21 February 2018

My New Favourite Die......Eileen Hull's Wrap Around Journal Part Two


So now we move on to the inside where there's lots of room for four signatures.


 First I started by creating a master board using Amsterdam acrylic paints onto copy paper. These would form the base of the signature covers.


 Building the colours up and blending them together with my fingers, I'm a hands on crafter.


Once I was happy with the painted background and it was totally dry, I used one of the Mandala stamps from the Jane Davenport with Lilac StazOn ink to create a random pattern, before cutting the pages out using Eileen's Passport Book Die. The pages on that die are the perfect size to fit the Wrap Around Journal, and as this is going to be a notebook, I can die cut several sheets of copier paper at a time.


I decided to knock the colours back a little, as they were very vibrant compared to the journal cover. So a quick dry brush with white gesso created a softer, muted tone to the signature covers.


 To finish off the covers I added some doodles using one of the new size White Gelly Roll pens, love this size 10 one, as it's larger than the standard size 08 one we all know and love. They have also brought out a finer one as well size 05


I found some pretty washi tape with feathers on and added pieces onto the covers for decoration, and also to strengthen the spines of the inside of the covers.


 Then after a sewing the signatures with a waxed linen thread, they were ready to be slipped inside the Wrap Around Journal.


All ready to take notes and add lists in to.

You can check out Part One HERE where you will find details of the Wrap Around Journal cover.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing the process, happy crafting.
Elizabeth x


http://www.eileenhull.com/
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EileenHull?ref=l2-shopheader-name





3 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely idea to create master boards and I love the white doodling too. Lovely signatures. Tracy. X

eileen hull said...

These are the perfect inserts to work with that awesome cover Elizabeth. I love the new nibs for the white pens!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Wonderful project! I never would have guessed they started with copy paper!