Monday 26 November 2018

Compose Your Life Journal Cover - Part Two


So now the outer cover of the journal is finished, it's time to move onto the inside. First of all I chose some green elastic that was a close colour match to the cover. I use a 3mm diameter elastic, but there are lots of other things you can use, like twine or ribbon.


I undid the top of the Golden Lime Glimmer Mist and flicked the gorgeous mist on to the cover, working quickly I used a dry flat paintbrush to drag the colour out, I love the pattern this creates.


This is one of the new shades of Glimmer Mist, it's so pretty and a perfect match for this paper collection.


Then onto choosing the papers for the signatures. I chose three of the patterned card stock from the 8" paper pack, and then a selection of co-ordination papers, along with one more sheet of patterned paper from the pack.


Working with one signature at a time, I folded all of the papers, along with the patterned card, which was placed to become the outer cover. I trimmed everything down to a size of 8" wide by 7 3/4" high. And made sure all the pages were level.


Next I opened up the signature, and I like to use a couple of household pegs to keep the pages in place, whilst I poke the holes through and sew the papers together. It makes things so much easier if the pages aren't moving around. I use a waxed linen thread as it;s nice and strong, and once it's tied it won't come undone.


These are just going to be little note books, so I haven't decorated the inside of them, as I'll probably use them for making list's of jobs that need doing. I love making lists, and crossing off the jobs as they are done, it's so satisfying.


So my three beautiful signatures just slip into the journal, with the elastic holding them in place. For a little decoration on the inner cover, and of course it's practical to have a place to slip in some gorgeous paper clip page markers, all made from the flowers that were cut out from the 12x12" sheet. I used one of Eileen Hull's very clever dies, the Credit Card Die, it creates a journaling card, and also comes with a another little die that sits inside, to cut out the scalloped slits to pop your extras in.


I added a sentiment cut from one of the sheets in the paper collection, and now my journal is ready to be used.


Happy Crafting.
Elizabeth x

3 comments:

Marian Hofferber said...

Beautiful...which pad fits Elieen Hull dies.

Beryl said...

It's gorgeous Elizabeth. Thanks again for the detailed 'how to'.

eileen hull said...

Love this Journal Elizabeth! Such a pretty patterned paper! Great techniques too 😀❤️