Monday 3 December 2018

Day One of Mama Makes Christmas



All this week I'll be sharing Christmas cards created with Mama Makes fab Christmas stamps. I've stamped all the images using Onyx Black Versafine ink onto watercolour card, as I planned to use my yummy new Sakura Studio watercolour set. The stamps give a really crisp and clean impression. I just love this Robin!




I swapped between three sets of Christmas stamps, they all mix and match together perfectly, so you can build up your collection knowing they will work together. I chose a sentiment and also a heart stamp, to build up my design.


Next it was onto my favourite part, the watercolours.....


I love the effects you can create with watercolours, they are so versatile, and you only need to use a couple of colours to create a great effect. I've only used two shades of brown, red and a light orange to add colour.


I added a light wash of an orange shade, to tone in with the colours chosen for the Robin.


To finish off I added a scribble border around the edge of the card, a few dots and squiggly lines to attach the hearts to the border above.


There you have Day One of Mama Makes Christmas, hope you can pop back tomorrow for Day Two.

Happy Crafting
Elizabeth x

No comments: