Wednesday 21 March 2012

Dragons Dream TIO 112 The Thorn Birds

A very dark and gloomy looking tag from me this time, not intentional, just the way it ended up. Sort of reminds me of a 1950's tattoo! Silvia has chosen the theme for us this time, with the book "The Thorn Birds" one of my favourite books and films. This choice did make me laugh a lot though as I work as a Secretary for a Priest, lol............ more Father Ted than Thorn Birds!!!!!
I had geat fun creating the backgound with a mixture of different distress stains and inks, spritzing with water and then adding  copper mica powder in to it.
Hope you enjoy our challenge this time and pop over via the link on my sidebar to join in the dream, just remember to use at least one real stamp on your tag! Elizabeth xxx

8 comments:

Janet said...

Lovely tag, Elizabeth. Rather gothic feel to it.

Janet xx

Hettie said...

Very nice tag Elizabeth, and such a tricky subject too! Now what was the advert for please? It has to be late 80s/early 90s?!! I wanna be in bed! LOL!

Jen said...

Great tag Elizabeth, the background is super.
Jen x

Beryl K said...

Great tag Elizabeth
Beryl x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful tag, love the stamping on it.

Faye said...

What a beautiful job you did on the Australian theme tag, Elizabeth! I love the background.

Dragon said...

Your Gothic background does give a very dark and sombre feel to your tag, very brooding and it suits the mood very well. Love the horses
Frankie
xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous, I love your background x