Monday 24 January 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 65

There's nothing I like better than a fresh white piece of card, except a nice inky one LOL. I created my background with a mixture of Anna Griffin's flourish stamps with weathered wood and crushed olive distress inks. I bought the cat from Stamp Camp at Port Sunlight in October, it was one of those "I want it" purchases, rather than "I need it" LOL. He is stamped out using a mix of rusty hinge and wild honey distress inks, mounted on to my background and over stamped with another Anna Griffin stamp in crushed olive. Finished off by tinting his eyes green, again with the crushed olive. Forgotten how much I liked that colour LOL Elizabeth x

8 comments:

Michele Gross said...

That kitty image is gorgeous! I love how you've paired it with the swirly medallion background :) Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jen said...

This is fab Elizabeth. The image is super but I especially love the background. I have these stamps but have not managed to make a background as nice as this with them. More practise required.
Jen x

Fiona said...

love your use of the medallion stamp Elizabeth - great card! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

Beryl said...

This is what you do so well. It's a lovely composition.The stamp is gorgeous - I didn't see that stall. Are they the one's who used to be called Beach Bum stamps? I know they were looking for a new name.
Beryl xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I adore what you've done here with Distress Inks! Stunning! Thank you so much for playing with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hi Kitty. :) Loving how you've sponged everything to create a great distressed piece. Thanks so much for playing at the PDCC.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh this kitty is just so sweet!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Janet said...

Beautiful card, lovely posh moggy and an equally gorgeous background. I like your choice of colours.

Janet xx