Sunday 5 June 2011

Elements II Paddy's Stamping Place

Thought it was about time that I shared my efforts from Paddy's Elements II back in April. Yep don't pass out Paddy, I've actually got it finished LOL!! We had a fantastic weekend with good weather, great people and some incredible crafting! After we'd all got over the shock of a white piece of cotton (yikes), we chose stamps, stencils, and fabric paints to create our wall hanging with. We started with a resist technique, coloured our fabric and then over stamped it - great fun! We chose a section of the fabric to be framed, and the rest was destined for the wall hanging. It was great to learn how to quilt, and it has re awakened my interest in sewing again, thank you Becca for being patient LOL. Made an altered frame to house our fabric, by embossing metal sheets through the cuttlebug, then adding paint and embossing powder for interest. We also made beads and the housing for the tassel from polymer clay mixed with silver leaf and mica powder. By now you can probably get a picture of the colour of my nails LOL. And saving the best till last, my new little addiction, needle felting with the fantastic Sylvia Wood, who's son I was at school with, small world hey?. I am now saving for the embellisher machine!!!!!!! The remaining beads (all with holes in LOL) are about to be made in to a bracelet, but I thought I'd better share everything else with you before Paddy comes over the border to slap my legs LOL. It was a great weekend, and one I would definitely recommend for learning great techniques and making new friends!
Here it is hanging in my porch!
A closer view of the tassel and the polymer beads we made, along with the cone.
The frame with embossed metal and my beautiful french knots LOL, if only you knew how long it took me to rememeber how to do them, thank goodness for Becca and Lynn!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Well done Elizabeth - actually got it finished. Mine is still awaiting inspiration! I don't think folk appreciate how much effort has gone into these wall hangings!

Janet xx

Beryl K said...

Brilliant work Elizabeth
Beryl x

Jen said...

Well done, it looks fabulous. It was a good weekend.
hugs Jen x