Sunday 25 August 2013

Sunday Stamper #272 Titanium

Well I think Hels chose this theme for me this week!!!!! I couldn't share this project until today as it was a Wedding Sampler made for yesterday.
A few years ago a few Friends and I went off on a crafty retreat in Manchester, where we made samplers using loads of tecniques including metalwork dying fabric, stamping and stencilling fabric etc Then earlier this year when my work was on show at Rhos on Sea a Lady spotted this frame and asked if I could make a Wedding Sampler for her Daughter's Wedding in the same colour scheme, but with names and dates embroidered on it.
So here it is, the original frame made from metal craft sheets embossed though the cuttlebug, paint wiped over and then clear embossing powder heated over the top for texture.
The fabric has been dyed with with a mixture of Stuart Gill fabric paints and when dried using the fabric paint again I used the Stampendous Peony all over it.

My very clever Friend added the names and dates for me, she has an embroidery machine, so it was much quicker than me doing it by hand.
Then came the sewing bit, French Knots, Swaroski Bicones, Chinese Coin Crystals and Hearts.


This took the longest as I needed  natural daylight for these tiny weeny crystals and knots even with my specs on!!
Happy Sunday Elizabeth xxx

7 comments:

starcyl said...

Oh my word this is so beautiful, I can see why someone would want one.
Jenny xx

Redanne said...

Wow Elizabeth, this is stunning! I love how you created the frame, the embroidery looks amazing and I love those little French knots too. Hugs, Anne x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wow what a great frame Elizabeth...fab result

Inkypinkycraft said...

what a beautiful creation! so soft and fab! hugs trace x

Beryl said...

Oh my word - this is fabulous Elizabeth. Never seen anything like it. What a beautiful reminder for the couple of their special day.
Beryl xx

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW... that is stunning... how gorgeous and what a wonderful wedding keepsake... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Marita Soutar said...

Really Lovely