Time for a new project using Eileen Hull Design new Folio Journal Die along with the gorgeous Flowers that come in the Pocket Corner Set.
I ironed scraps of fabric left over from a quilt I'm making onto a piece of stabliser, This helps the fabric to cut more easily in the machine.
I cut out of canvas 3 sets of signatures, with two sheets in each. They measured 10"x5" and I stitched them to the divider folded in half and spaced out evenly.
I played around using black thread with some decorative stitches on random pages. This will give me a starting point when I come to use them, and not just a blank page.
I also love the texture the stitches create.
I cut out two cover pieces form canvas and two from a gorgeous bright Batik fabric. Love my Batiks.The plan was to sew the inner front section to create a pocket but I can't cover the fabric up.
I started by sewing the covers together at the spine using a scribbly stitch in black cotton, it reminded me of how I doodle round everything, so love that effect.. I folded the covers to find the edge then stitched around multiple times to create frames. I added decorative stitches to create the flowers stemps and addded the flowers and leaves in a fun pattern, stitching them down securely.
I then stitched the inside lining together, again at the seam, and added the signatures by stitching carefully up against the spine of the inner cover. After pining the two fabrices together, wrong sides facing, I pinned them together in the centre of the covers, well out of the way of adding the pink stitching which not only sews the two covers together, but forms a funky pop of colour against the black stitches on the outer cover.
I love how my messy art journal turned out, even though it wasn't what I started out to create!
i love batiks too! =) This is an awesome fabric journal Elizabeth.
What a cozy book Elizabeth! Love the organic feel <3
Post a Comment