Tuesday 13 November 2018

Autumn Holidays Journal



I absolutely love the Autumn months, chilly winds and golden leaves falling from the tree's. It's a perfect time of year for getting wrapped up and getting out for long walks before the snow arrives.




I've created a masterboard on water colour card using some of Eileen's range of the Color Box Blend inks, the colours are stunning. I used Golden, Sunshine, Nutmeg, Leaf, Frog and Stop. I took the ink direct to paper, then spritzed it to make the ink flow and blend even more.



Once my water colour card was totally dry, it was ready to be die cut using the gorgeous leaves from the Journaling Cards, Flowers and Leaves die set. My piece of card was roughly 6" square, so you can see just how many leaves I managed to cut from it, I even have spares ready to add onto the inserts.


I will keep the Waste to use on a project as well. it's just too gorgeous to bin!


I chose three shades to add splatters onto another piece of water colour card, starting with the palest, and building up to the Nutmeg Brown shade. I used the shades Golden, Stop and Nutmeg.


Once it was dry I used the journal card to die cut it to size, and also die cut the word "Wander" from the Journaling Cards die set in black.


Then after cutting out my wrapped Journal in mount board, I decided to add colour with the same three inks, again by splattering them.


I made sure the cover was dry and added some shading around the edge using the Nutmeg Brown shade. I did the same with the journaling card to create a frame and make it stand out from the journal cover.


I always use every last scrap of my sticky pads, the leftovers a perfect for adding bigger layers.


Now to build up the front cover first with the word.


And then arranging the leaves, so they tumble down the cover.


I played around with the design before gluing them down.


Happy Crafting.
Elizabeth x

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Elizabeth, your Autumn journal is gorgeous! I love how you built up the colours with the Blends, they look amazing. Hugs, Anne xxx