Thursday 6 December 2018

Day Four of Mama Makes Christmas


Today it's Turkey time!


I stamped out the Turkey in Onyx Black Versafine ink, along with the sentiment and holly leaves at intervals around the edge of the card. Using a black Micron pen I joined the pieces of Holly together with the line under the sentiment to create a frame. I made sure it was completely dry before colouring the holly leaves and berries with Prisma Coloured Pencils. These when water colour is used over the top create a resist, so it's a great way of colouring in small area's that you don't want the water colour to bleed out from.


I used a frosty icy shade of blue to the outer edge of the frame, and started to build up the colour on the Turkey, again I've only used four shades of water colour, that wasn't planned, just a coincidence. I used blue, orange and two shades of brown. I used pencil to colour the hat and to finish of I added an extra line around the border and dots of pen, to tye in with the dots on the sentiment stamp.


Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you can pop back for Day Five of my Mama Makes Christmas week.

Happy Crafting.
Elizabeth x

No comments: