Thursday 24 February 2011

Rainbow Lady's Challenge 141 Shabby Chic

Love is one thing not in the air at Chez Robinson this morning, especially for the bloke who stole Hubby's motorbike at 5am!!!
Over at Rainbow Lady's challenge blog this week we have gone Shabby Chic, which I must confess is one of my favourite styles of crafting. The background papers are from Cosmo Cricket, and already have a distress look to them, I just added a little bit more by running the edge of the paper through my scissors, and inking around with black soot. The flowery border was made with the reverse side of the plain paper, and fake stitches were added using a HOTP stamp (slight cheat but hey). All of the other stamps used are Sir Tim's and stamped out using black soot. If you look closely you will see that I've over stamped the flowers stamp in versamark, and embossed with Sheena's neutral ultra shimmer powder, it gives a gorgeous sparkle and also adds texture at the same time. I used a Nellie Snellon die to cut out the frame for the focal point and added bows to finish the card off. Hope you enjoy this weeks challenge and it's a fab prize Steph has sponsored us with. Elizabeth

8 comments:

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Elizabeth, it's easy to tell that this is a style you are very happy with. Wish I was lol
Beryl x

Christine said...

Gorgeous Elizabeth, I am certain we will have lots of entries this week as the prize is fab.
Just a shame that the 'DT's can't enter LOL
Hugs xx

Janet said...

Lovely card Elizabeth. Very shabby chic and a great colour combination. I see you have been very busy sewing again this week! Poor Gerry sans moto.

Janet xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Golly me I hope they get the swine who stole it. Grrr Society today is just not right.
On a positive note, WOW this card is amazing, I love it, the sparkle on the flowers is ace,
Love Hazelxoxo

Claire said...

I really love this card Elizabeth, its so beautiful. You really have a knack for 'shabby chic'.I hope they catch the rotters who pinched Gerry's bike
Claire xx

Caroline Hallett said...

this card is lovely - really like your style - sorry to hear about the bike being stolen !

Wanda said...

Love it. Shabby chic Is my favourite all time style. Fab colours.
Wanda

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Elizabeth :)

Wow, this is gorgeous - shabby chic is my favourite style, and this looks fantastic.

I hope your husband gets his bike back, and it all gets sorted quickly.

take care

xxalisonxx