Wednesday 30 April 2014

WOW Embossing Powders Metal Challenge

The April challenge over at WOW is Metal, I love their powders, I just hope I'm not too late to enter.
I started with an old wooden picture frame which was .50p from a charity shop.
 Gave it a good clean and lightly sanded it back. I then embossed a sheet of craft metal though the E-bosser and painted over it with Martha Stewart acrylic paint, wiping some of it off with a baby wipe before it dried completely.
 I then cut the metal into strips to fit the frame, and attached them with strong red tape. I left the corners square on this one, due to the pattern.
I then finished off the frame by adding a layer of Versamark all over it and covering with Wow Neutral Ultra Shimmer powder, before carefully heat embossing it.
Not bad for .50p and a little TLC.
Better get some jobs done now ;)
Elizabeth xxx

8 comments:

Wanda said...

Very nice. Love your hallmark gentle blue colouring. I can remember us doing something very similar with Paddy in Manchester a few years ago. It was great fun wasn't it?

ElizabethR said...

Yes really enjoyed Paddy's workshop Wanda, have made a few of these since x

Wendy said...

What a lovely way to turn a plain frame into a beautiful one! Xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, your frame looks amazing.

Hugs Erin x

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Elizabeth, I love the embossed metal.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

Your frame looks absolutely adorable Elizabeth.xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow that looks fantastic Elizabeth.

gr karin

Laine said...

A fabulous frame Elizabeth. Looks so elegant.
Laine
xx